Selasa, 23 Oktober 2007

My Eid CeLeBrAtIoN







This Raya celebration my family decided to go back to my mom village in Seremban. Although it is the turn to go back to my dad’s village, we canceled our plan because all my siblings including me have exams that are just around the corner plus with a ton of homeworks. But you know what it still an unforgettable raya for me.
The day before Hari Raya my brothers and I helped my granny cook ‘rendang ayam’ and ‘rendang daging’. My granny bought ten chickens for the rendang. While we cooking for the rendang , my younger cousins helped my grandpa to change the curtains, cushion cover and cleaning. It is a very tired day for all of us. This year my granny did not make ‘kuih raya’ because she is old and not able to do it.
The night of Raya I followed the mosque pilgrims to ‘Takbir’ from house to house. There are about twenty one houses we went. It ends at about 2 am. The next day is the day that all the muslims are waited since the 1st of Ramadhan. All of my family wore new clohes. It was the happy moment for all of us.
After that it is the time to us to ask for the forgiveness from the elders. It is also the time for us to get ‘duit raya’. This year I got the bigger amount from last year because this year is the year that my eldest brother starts to work as an engineer. There were varieties of food that were served on the table such as ‘lemang’, ‘lontong’, ‘rendang’, ‘nasi impit’ and many more.
Last but not least, it is the time for us to visit all the relatives and collect so much ‘duit raya’. Hari Raya is the best day for me for these year.

.

Tiada ulasan: