Selasa, 23 Oktober 2007

My rigorous efforts in improving English listening, writing reading and speaking skill

English? Talking about English is used to be one of the killer subjects for me during my lower form in my secondary school. It is because of my thinking about English that is English is not very important compared to chemistry and physic. After I become more matured , I starts to realize how importance English are. Therefore I start to put rigorous efforts in improving me English.
First and foremost, I started to like English. I find the way to make English interesting such as study the poems that touching my heart. The examples of the poems are like ‘Life Brief Candle’ and ‘Macbeth’.
Next, in order to improve my listening to the English, I start to listen to the English music and try to hear clearly word by word that are inside the music. Other than that , I watch English movie without looking at the subtitles provided below. This will make my listening become better day by day.
Besides that, I try to do more exercises to make my writing improve. I also read dictionary so I can find the word that I never use so that I can used it to make my writing become better and interesting. I also study about idioms, proverbs and similes so my writing become more interesting.
Reading is one of my biggest problems. When I start to see many words only, I start to feel sleepy. So I start with reading children’s story books because it has pictures that will not make me sleepy even though people will laugh and make fun of me. Finally, I can stand to read even though it as millions of words.
Lastly, to improve my speaking skill is by practicing it in my daily life even though in my village. Luckily, my elder sister is taking TESL so she also needs to speak English. I always practice my speaking with her.
To put it laconically, English is important to us and we must put rigorous efforts to improve our English as long as we live.

Tiada ulasan: